Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's that time of year again!

Every year Christmas gets less and less exciting to me. Not sure why, but I just don't get why people feel the need to rush around and get gifts for people for one day of the year. One to which most people don't even really care about it's origins.Not being religious myself I could care less about the "meaning" of it. Just seems crazy that everyone goes through all this work and hassle for one day....really in most cases I'd wager to say fifteen minutes of opening presents.Why not try to have that outlook every day and try to be like that year round? I myself would rather randomly buy my loved ones something out of the blue. I think it means more if it's a surprise. Maybe that's just me and I'm sure it is...but oh well. With Christmas bearing down on us, all I have to say is damn I can't wait for it to be all over. Onward to a new year............

1 comment:

  1. If it weren't for my niece I don't think there would be any gifts under the tree. As my siblings and I have gotten older we've realized we just enjoy spending time together with our parents. And you are right about the random "surprise" gift. I do that year round, a little something here and there. Means more when it's not expected.

    ReplyDelete