Thursday, December 16, 2010

Freecoasters.......why?

JUNK
This is something that has been bugging me for a few years now and I haven't been quite about it at all. I hate freecoasters! Why do these things still exist? They are by far the worst" innovation" in bmx. They make everyone who rides one look like shit, they function like crap, are unreliable and all around just suck. Sure they do, do one thing: make it so your bike doesn't backpedal.....big f'n deal! If you can't backpedal don't ride a bmx bike or don't go backwards. And let's talk about the slack,sure I'd love to go to pedal forward after rolling backward and either be kicked off my bike or have my pedals go around half a rotation before it catches....sounds like so much fun.We tried these in the early 90's from modified coaster brakes and you know what I think they worked better then, than they do now. Seriously why do we need these things. I say ride a casstte or a freewheel and learn how to backpedal or just don't ride like a dumbass and roll backwards everywhere. Or you could be cool and take your chain off....don't even wanna hear what I have to say about that! Come on really. Sorry just had to put this out there, if I deter one person from riding a freecoaster my goal has been reached.

2 comments: