Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hingham Skakepark

Hingham under construction..stolen from Whoskates.com
I've been following this and for all those that don't know Hingham Ma. is very close to having a legit park. Finally a non pre-fab park on the South Shore. Hopefully other towns can follow their lead and we start to see more of these pop up. Those of you that know me, know that I've been working closely with the town of Pembroke to get this very thing going. I think we all need to step up and make our voices heard that we will not settle for the shitty "parks" that every town throws up in an afternoon, then turns around and puts zero money back into. Then wonders why the kids go there and trash the place and have no respect for it. If you (the town) don't care enough to put thought and do research into building a park, then why do you expect the kids to care about it? I need backing, let's make a difference! Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. woah! i had no idea this was being built it looks awesome any idea on when it should be opening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be real soon, was supposed to be weeks ago, but the weather has held it up.

    ReplyDelete