Friday, December 17, 2010

Attitude

Greg Doliber doing it for the fun of it all
I don't want anyone out there to think I'm bitching about BMX, just stating my opinion of things. I've been in this since 1984, which is along time to be involved in something....jesus anything really. So with that being said I think I have the right to point out things that bother me about the sport I've grow up in and love. Pretty much have dedicated my entire life to. If you really know me, you know my attitude and I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind. I'm trying to make people (especially the younger ones) have a different outlook on this thing we do. I don't expect kids to follow my lead, but think for themselves before following the trends. Question why am I doing this....is it because I want to or because someone I know told me to? BMX should be about the joy of bike riding not the notoriety. Like I said in my very first post, take everything I say with a grain of salt. So if you get offended I'm sorry, but maybe you need to be offended, in order to think. Believe me I'm far from perfect. Most of you out there that read this are probably better riders than I am too, but talk to me in 26 years and we'll see what you have to say then.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! When Maul still did chain gang zine i did a short article on the future of bmx because of the X games.I mentioned how it would permanetly change the sport into a trendy joy ride and not the thing we ALL remember it being when we started!My ending quote was "take from the sport in turn what it gave you".Which in turn is have fun and enjoy it for what it's worth, and teach the up n comers it's not about the biggest air or sickest trick! It's about riding with your friends and having no bounderies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg killin it! Tony totally agree on the views you got there. I know i'll never go pro and ride in the xgames, but i'll ride till i can't move because i fuckin love it!

    ReplyDelete